Legal Office Support
Pay Rate: 20.14/hr
Updated 10/20/2023 JM
We are a growing Estate Planning & Elder Law Firm in New Bedford, MA with additional offices through-out our service area of southeastern Massachusetts, Cape Cod & the Islands. This position is full-time, Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm. Start and end times may shift to 7:30am – 4:30pm in the future. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k) match, paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays, and the possibility of a monthly bonus.
We are looking for a candidate to assist in supporting both current and potential clients. Job duties include gathering and documenting client information, answering basic client questions, administrative tasks such as printing and mailing client files, calendaring and confirming appointments, and proactively managing workflow. While you will be trained in both legal support and client services, the role will eventually develop into one or the other based on the needs of the business.
To be successful in this role, you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to create a positive client experience, excellent attention to detail, and competency in Microsoft Office Suite and Customer Relationship Management software. Additionally, every employee is expected to uphold and maintain the Firm Values of Integrity, Quality, Respect, Service, and Fun.
Support Specialist duties:
- Administrative support for Legal Team –
- respond to client phone calls and emails
- assist with scanning client files
- complete file closeouts
- sort and manage incoming mail
- manage organization of client files, both physical and electronic
- enter client data into matter management software
- Maintain records regarding billable hours
- Under the direction and guidance of the Business Manager, collaborate with the legal team Client Support Specialist team (and the leaders of the legal service area being supported) to shift responsibilities to help manage the current flow of business
- Participate in projects as requested by the Leadership Team
- Participate in special events including seminars and other networking/business generation events
- With direction and guidance from the Leadership Team, actively participate in the attainment of both firm & personal goals
- Maintain a neat and organized workspace
- Answer phone calls at the front desk when the Front Office Assistant is out of the office or at lunch
Client Services duties:
- In partnership with the Manager of Client Services, provide a clear, simple in-take process utilizing company tools. Support the client-readiness of prospects coming to the firm for consultation.
- Help to manage incoming inquiries via phone and on-line. Inquiry volume fluctuates but is considerable most business days.
- Reach out to potential clients, through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings, to gather basic information and schedule appointments
- Maintain accurate and complete records of client information, including personal details, contact information, and relevant history
- Confirm that incoming clients are an appropriate fit for the firm’s services
- Input and maintain accurate client data
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, including answering questions, addressing concerns, and offering assistance.
- Handle multiple prospective clients simultaneously while maintaining accuracy and efficiency
- Collaborate with colleagues and other departments as needed to facilitate the client’s journey through the organization. This includes calendar management and support for 6 attorneys.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to show empathy in relating with clients and co-workers
- Knowledge of modern office equipment (printer, copier, fax, scanner)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to deliver timely work
- Strong work ethic
- Sound judgment and ability to act independently when necessary
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously over a period of time
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse departments and individuals both internally and externally within in the law firm
- Professional, positive demeanor with the ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to travel and transport self to other locations
- Ability to take initiative, be resourceful and proactive
To inquire about this position, contact our Business Manager, Justine, by calling 508-690-4792 or completing the Contact Us form on our website.