- University of Massachusetts School of Law – Dartmouth, Juris Doctorate, Magna Cum Laude
- Erin joined the firm in 2005, working for more than 10 years as a case manager prior to becoming an attorney.
- Attorney Nunes is the team leader for Surprenant & Beneski’s Medicaid Planning team.
Community Education & Support
- Lecturer on elder law issues, estate, trust and special needs planning
- Authors articles for Elder Law Today, Blog on MyFamilyEstatePlanning.com, Guide to Retirement & Beyond
Memberships / Recognition
- Member National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Wealth Counsel, Massachusetts Forum of Estate Planning Attorneys
- Serves on the Human Rights Committee of Comprehensive Health Systems, Dartmouth
- Named to Thompson Reuters / Boston Magazine’s Super Lawyer® list as Rising Star: 2017, 2018, 2019
- Recognized on Top Women Lawyers list by Thomas Reuters / Boston Magazine: 2018, 2019
- Firm recognized with Hope Award from Southcoast Healthcare VNA, 2018
“Erin Shea, with the assistance of Silvia, was highly knowledgeable, empathetic and very professional towards planning my elderly parents’ estate! A pleasure to deal with, we highly recommend them! A+”
(B. Cordeiro, 5/18)
“Everything that was presented to us was put into layman terms – easy to understand. The staff was professional and understanding of our needs. We would highly recommend Surprenant & Beneski!”
(M. & D. Logan, 8/18)
Erin L. Nunes, Esq., an attorney at Surprenant & Beneski, P.C., has recently been named, for the fourth consecutive year, to the 2020 Massachusetts Super Lawyer Rising Star list. This is an honor awarded to no more than 2.5 percent of the attorneys in each state.
Erin demonstrates her personal commitment to the aging population and their loved ones on a daily basis. She has a well-earned reputation for helping older clients protect their assets from being depleted by long-term care, manage the complexities of affording care, handle tax issues as they arise, and ensure that their children and grandchildren will receive their inheritances as intended.
Nowhere is Erin’s compassion more visible than in the way she prepares our senior clients for Medicaid eligibility. Because Medicaid is a means-tested program, there is a complex process that needs to be followed to achieve eligibility. This is where Erin’s in-depth knowledge of the Medicaid/MassHealth system is invaluable. She will help families navigate the process, ensuring that the person needing Medicaid to off-set the expense of their care becomes eligible while maintaining the lifestyle of the pouse remaining at home. Additionally, she will help to protect and preserve assets for future generations. With her adept navigation of the Medicaid/MassHealth system, Erin and team will guide you and your loved ones through the process.
An Investment Research Group publication IntroductionWhat does E.S.G. stand for? Is it environmental, social, and governance, or is it environmental, sustainable, and governance? Is there a difference between ESG and SRI? If so, what is it? What about impact investing? Is it different from ESG integration? If so, how is it different? All valid questions, […]
Dawn Sully Pile is an author, speaker and hybrid coach/consultant whose passion is people. Whether working with children or adults, her intention is to be a catalyst for imagining new perspectives and possibilities and to step into them with courage. Dawn is a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach and also holds a Master of Arts in […]
There are essentially five ways an individual can transfer property to their loved ones upon their death. Depending on the age of the persons who will be receiving property or the dynamics among family members who are receiving the property, it is important to choose your method of transfer very carefully. Leave Property Titled Solely […]