- University of Massachusetts School of Law – Dartmouth, Juris Doctorate, Magna Cum Laude
- Erin joined the firm in 2005, working for more than 10 years as a case manager prior to becoming an attorney.
- Attorney Nunes is the team leader for Surprenant & Beneski’s Medicaid Planning team.
Community Education & Support
- Lecturer on elder law issues, estate, trust and special needs planning
- Authors articles for Elder Law Today, Blog on MyFamilyEstatePlanning.com, Guide to Retirement & Beyond
Memberships / Recognition
- Member National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Wealth Counsel, Massachusetts Forum of Estate Planning Attorneys
- Serves on the Human Rights Committee of Comprehensive Health Systems, Dartmouth
- Named to Thompson Reuters / Boston Magazine’s Super Lawyer® list as Rising Star: 2017, 2018, 2019
- Recognized on Top Women Lawyers list by Thomas Reuters / Boston Magazine: 2018, 2019
- Firm recognized with Hope Award from Southcoast Healthcare VNA, 2018
“Erin Shea, with the assistance of Silvia, was highly knowledgeable, empathetic and very professional towards planning my elderly parents’ estate! A pleasure to deal with, we highly recommend them! A+”
(B. Cordeiro, 5/18)
“Everything that was presented to us was put into layman terms – easy to understand. The staff was professional and understanding of our needs. We would highly recommend Surprenant & Beneski!”
(M. & D. Logan, 8/18)