- University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- Suffolk University Law School, Juris Doctorate
- Dan joined the firm in 2006 and assumed ownership with his sister, Michelle Beneski, in 2010.
- Prior to joining Surprenant and Beneski, P.C., Attorney Surprenant worked as a civil litigator, focusing in complex medical malpractice actions and construction site accidents. Before that, Attorney Surprenant prosecuted criminals as an Assistant District Attorney in Bristol County, where he was assigned to the Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Unit as well as to the Homicide Response Team in the Superior Courts.
- Attorney Surprenant is licensed to practice in Massachusetts as well as before the United States District Court.
Community Education & Support
- Lecturer on elder law issues, estate, trust and special needs planning
- Authors articles for Elder Law Today, Blog on MyFamilyEstatePlanning.com, Guide to Retirement & Beyond
Memberships / Recognition
- Member National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Wealth Counsel, Estate Planning Council of Massachusetts Forum of Estate Planning Attorneys, Special Needs Alliance
- Past president of the Massachusetts chapter of NAELA 2015)
- Past Director and Treasurer of the Massachusetts Forum of Estate Planning Attorneys
- Past President of the Bristol County Bar Association
- Named to Thompson Reuters / Boston Magazine’s Super Lawyer® list: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Recognized as Best of the Best in the category of Elder Law by Southcoast Media Group, 2018
- Firm recognized with Hope Award from Southcoast Healthcare VNA, 2018
“Dan was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions thoroughly. He gave excellent recommendations for estate planning and projected outcomes. We were very pleased with all of your services!”