- Fitchburg State B.S., Cum Laude
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- University of Florida, College of Law Graduate
- Tax Program, LLM Taxation
- Michelle joined the firm in 2003 and assumed ownership with her brother, Dan Surprenant, in 2010.
- Before joining the firm, she worked for six years as a senior tax manager for two different Big 4 accounting firms.
- Michelle also worked as a tax attorney lobbying business tax issues for the Connecticut Business and Industry Association.
Community Education & Support
- Lecturer on elder law issues, estate, trust and special needs planning
- Authors articles for Elder Law Today, Blog on MyFamilyEstatePlanning.com, Guide to Retirement & Beyond
- Co-publishes Guide to Retirement & Beyond (Annual)
- Co-authored Protect Your Family! Don’t Write a Blank Check to the Nursing Home, published by Advantage
Memberships / Recognition
- Member of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Wealth Counsel, Massachusetts Forum of Estate Planning Attorneys
- Serves on the Advisory Board for Coastline Elderly Services, Inc.
- Previously serve on the Board of Directors for Coastline Elderly Services, Inc.
- Adjunct Professor at Suffolk Law School, 2018
- Recipient of the Community Nurse Women’s Star Power Award, 2019
- Named to Thompson Reuters / Boston Magazine’s Super Lawyer® list: 2012, 2013, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Recognized on Top Women Lawyers list by Thomas Reuters / Boston Magazine: 2018, 2019
- Firm recognized with Hope Award from Southcoast Healthcare VNA, 2018
“We were terrifically impressed with Michelle Beneski for her knowledge, her sincere interest in our goals and the respect she showed us, even though we aren’t wealthy! We are grateful to Surprenant & Beneski for laying the groundwork with us for an estate plan and look forward to a long relationship with them.”
(M. MacInnis, 2/19)
Michelle is a compassionate professional who provides peace of mind to her clients. She is a Certified Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation which means she is uniquely qualified to serve the interests of older, maturing populations by having met comprehensive and strict requirements. Michelle is one of only 24 CELAs in the state of Massachusetts. To learn more about this special designation, please visit www.nelf.org. Michelle is also licensed in the state of Connecticut.
New Bedford, MA (Law Firm Newswire) January 6, 2022 – Surprenant and Beneski, P.C is pleased to announce that Erin L. Nunes has been elevated to partner. Attorney Nunes joined the firm in 2005 as a case manager before earning her J.D. at the University of Massachusetts School of Law – Dartmouth (magna cum laude). Erin’s […]
Many people fail to plan because they are under the assumption that estate planning is wealthy or older people. If you have any assets or any children, you have a need to plan. Estate planning is used to protect individuals and their loved ones of all ages and at all stages of life. Here are some […]
If you’re wondering why you need an accomplished estate planning attorney, you might find it helpful to ask yourself why you need any type of professional. Even avid do-it-yourselfers in Southeastern Massachusetts have areas in which they do not feel comfortable taking the reins. Why do you use an electrician? an obstetrician? a carpenter? a […]