- Fitchburg State B.S., Cum Laude
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- University of Florida, College of Law Graduate
- Tax Program, LLM Taxation
- Michelle joined the firm in 2003 and assumed ownership with her brother, Dan Surprenant, in 2010.
- Before joining the firm, she worked for six years as a senior tax manager for two different Big 4 accounting firms.
- Michelle also worked as a tax attorney lobbying business tax issues for the Connecticut Business and Industry Association.
Community Education & Support
- Lecturer on elder law issues, estate, trust and special needs planning
- Authors articles for Elder Law Today, Blog on MyFamilyEstatePlanning.com, Guide to Retirement & Beyond
- Co-publishes Guide to Retirement & Beyond (Annual)
- Co-authored Protect Your Family! Don’t Write a Blank Check to the Nursing Home, published by Advantage
Memberships / Recognition
- Member of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Wealth Counsel, Massachusetts Forum of Estate Planning Attorneys
- Serves on the Advisory Board for Coastline Elderly Services, Inc.
- Previously serve on the Board of Directors for Coastline Elderly Services, Inc.
- Adjunct Professor at Suffolk Law School, 2018
- Recipient of the Community Nurse Women’s Star Power Award, 2019
- Named to Thompson Reuters / Boston Magazine’s Super Lawyer® list: 2012, 2013, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Recognized on Top Women Lawyers list by Thomas Reuters / Boston Magazine: 2018, 2019
- Firm recognized with Hope Award from Southcoast Healthcare VNA, 2018
“We were terrifically impressed with Michelle Beneski for her knowledge, her sincere interest in our goals and the respect she showed us, even though we aren’t wealthy! We are grateful to Surprenant & Beneski for laying the groundwork with us for an estate plan and look forward to a long relationship with them.”
(M. MacInnis, 2/19)