Role and Responsibilities
This job description is only a summary of the typical position functions and responsibilities. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the position holder might differ from those outlined in this job description. Other duties may be assigned.
General overview of position: As a Client Support Specialist, you will be asked to meet and exceed client experience and quality standards, while maintaining consistent levels of communication with internal team members. This role will support Case Managers and Attorneys in the completion of administrative tasks associated with client files while increasing internal operational efficiencies. The Client Support Specialist will work cross-functionally to support all areas of the business.
Essential Job Functions: (other duties may be assigned):
- Uphold and maintain the Firm Values of Integrity, Quality, Respect, Service, and Fun
- Under the direction and guidance of the Business Manager, collaborate with the Client Support Specialist team to shift responsibilities to help manage the current flow of business
- Administrative support for Legal Team – support in multiple client file tasks, including putting together packages to be mailed, assisting with scanning client files and completing closeouts, sorting and managing incoming mail, printing, and faxing for remote team members.
- Manage office supplies by monitoring inventory levels, placing orders, and receiving deliveries.
- Participate in special teams as requested by the Leadership Team
- Participate in special events including seminars and other networking/business generation events
- With direction and guidance from the Leadership Team, actively participate in the attainment of both firm & personal goals
- Maintain a neat and organized workspace
- In tandem with current Client Support Specialists, manage front desk operations
- Answering multi-line telephone and connecting client to the appropriate team member
- Taking and delivering messages when necessary and appropriate
- Updating call and visitor log continuously
- Manage incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail
- Appointment reminders
- Maintain front lobby area and conference rooms
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks such as applying account payments and scanning checks
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High School Diploma required. Prior experience working in customer service with a dedicated focus on the importance of the client experience. Prior experience in office administration work is a plus. Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of the Firm.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to show empathy in relating with clients and co-workers
- Knowledge of modern office equipment (printer, copier, fax, scanner)
- Knowledge of and efficient computer skills: Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to deliver timely work
- Strong work ethic
- Sound judgment and ability to act independently when necessary
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously over a period of time
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse departments and individuals both internally and externally within in the law firm
- Professional, positive demeanor with the ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to travel and transport self to other locations
- Ability to take initiative, be resourceful and proactive
Work Environment (includes physical requirements):
Office environment: some travel is required to other offices and external firm locations. Some bending is required; sit for extended periods of time.
This job description reflects management’s assessment of the functions and requirements of the job. It is a general guideline, and not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job elements or requirements. It does not restrict management’s right to reassign or change responsibilities at any time.