The number one reason many people do not have estate plans is that they are frightened by the thought of discussing a future that includes their own mortality. They need not worry. Estate planning is anything but anxiety-producing. When handled by competent professionals like the estate planning attorneys of Surprenant & Beneski, P.C. of Massachusetts, the process is designed to make clients feel comfortable and secure. Contact our office to see how.
What Estate Planning Is Designed to Accomplish
Estate planning is all about taking control of the parts of your life that can be reasonably foreseen and making wise choices about how to handle the parts that are unpredictable. Our estate planning attorneys are not only knowledgeable; we are also compassionate and down to earth. We will make you feel relaxed with the process of estate planning — a process which goes well beyond dealing with wills and beneficiaries, and includes:
- Setting a course for a pleasurable retirement
- Protecting your assets
- Avoiding unnecessary taxation
- Preparing to meet your children’s educational needs
- Protecting loved ones with special needs
- Keeping family members with addiction problems economically protected
- Preparing for incapacity as a result of injury or illness
- Making sure that you have a sound plan for business succession
- Supporting any charity, educational institution, or research center close to your heart
Far from being frightening, creating a well-crafted estate plan is a way of taking charge of what matters most. Our experienced estate planning lawyers will assist you in building a foundation for the future that will keep you and your family stable even in the face of destabilizing circumstances.
At Surprenant & Beneski We Customize Each Estate Plan
No cookie-cutter estate plans will do. When you consult with us, we will always respond to your individual needs. After assisting so many clients, we are well aware that everyone’s situation is different. We know that you have unique challenges and concerns and we are well-prepared to help you address them.
Some people live alone, some are married, some are divorced; some have children, some do not; some own businesses, some are employed by large corporations or small companies, some work in professional practices, some are retired; some have substantial wealth; some are financially comfortable or dealing with debt issues — whoever you are and whatever your circumstances, you deserve to have an estate plan that will stand you in good stead and protect you and those close to you.
Reliable Estate Planning Attorneys Help You Keep Up with Inevitable Changes
Circumstances change and your estate plan must keep pace with these changes. Once you become our client, we will meet with you on a regular basis to make sure that when any major change occurs in your life, we make necessary alterations to your estate plan so that it remains up-to-date and effective.
Changes that may impact your estate plan include:
- Marriage, divorce, or remarriage
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Death of a close relative
- Purchase or sale of a business
- Purchase or sale of a home
- Diagnosis of a special need in your child
- Evidence of a special talent in your child that requires additional educational costs
- Serious injury or disease involving incapacity and/or poor prognosis
- A sizable inheritance or other influx of funds
- Change in tax laws on a federal or state level
Once your estate plan has been created, with the help of our estate planning attorneys, it should be easy to make the necessary changes.
Contact Our Experienced Estate Planning Attorneys Today
As with other types of procrastination, delaying the creation of a strong estate plan will only result in greater anxiety. Let our capable law team provide you with the information and insight you need to develop a plan to calm your mind and secure your future. Get in touch with us today.